The Mendenhall Clan

The Mendenhall Clan

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Utah 2011 - Part 3

I know I know I took a lot of pictures and I want to document this trip like it should be documented. So this is the last installment.

The day we were flying out, which was my birthday, we decided to go to the Hogle Zoo with Danielle and Connor. We saw every inch of the zoo in 2 and a half hours, Perfect! It was cold and windy when we arrived but it did warm up as the day went on.





Jaxson and Dad checkin out the Elephants

After the zoo and Jaxson's nap Grandpa Dean took me, Sterling, Jaxson and Sterling's cousin Jake to a burger place called Smash Burger. They had delish sweet potato fries! Grandpa bought us all lunch in celebration of my birthday. Thanks Grandpa Dean!
When we got home from lunch we had some time to kill so we watched part of Wall-E before we headed back to the airport.


My plan worked perfectly on the way home. They person who purchased the seat in between Sterling and I didn't check in!!! Jaxson had his own seat on the airplane!! YAHOO!!! One of the reason I wanted to visit Utah in February was to experience some snow. Well we got nothing the 4 days we were there until we got onto the airplane. There we sat on the runway watching the snow fall out my window. We were over an hour late taking off because the plane had to get de-iced and we had to wait for the wind to die down. I was cursing Mother Nature.



All in all it was a great trip! Seeing family, sledding, eating, going to bed early, sleeping in and spending 4 straight days with my 2 favorite men in the whole wide world. Thanks to all our friends and family for taking time to see us. Utah we will be back but I don't know how soon!

No comments: