New President-
Ok so we have a new president. I am excited for change but scared at the same time. Let's just roll with the punches and see what happens.
Life is Precious-
My coworker Jean Marquez has battled the cancer fight and unfortunately lost her fight the morning of Halloween. Her services are this Saturday and I am looking forward to paying my respects. She had a beautiful personality and was a fabulous hair dresser. Her daughters are gorgeous and I look forward to keeping up on them and their lives. Her husband is such a sweetheart and has been a good care giver for Jean. Bless his heart and all his hard hard work.
Baby Showers-
It's been fun having many friends that are pregnant with me. But that means Baby Showers! I have one to attend next Saturday and the Saturday after! I am really looking forward to them and looking forward to my own early next year.
Promotion-
Yes that means Sterling, my wonderful hubby, is finally getting promoted at work. He has been in a new program called Accelerated Service. It's a program that customers bring their cars in for quick services; oil changes, brakes, alignments, and things like that. This promotion also means a RAISE!!! WHOO HOO!!! I am so proud of him and cant wait till he is officially a Technician. He now gets to work on the big jobs and he is sooo looking forward to life "on the floor"! (that's the term they use at the dealership)
Pregnancy-
I am now 16 weeks along. This Friday we are going in for a cheater ultrasound. Its at a place that just does ultrasounds. I am just getting a gender scan done, we are trying to find out for sure what we are having. We think its a boy but we will know for sure this Friday.
What I have learned so far is that eating is a funny thing. When my stomach tells me not to eat that or you better not take another bite or will be sorry I better listen. I was not able to eat any protein for a little while but I am getting better. Clothes don't fit at all. Maternity pants are a blessing. Also I love yoga pants every chance I get. If I could wear them to work I would. My stomach tells me when to wake up every morning. I still have to pee frequently but it is getting better, I think! I still feel like this pregnancy is going slow. I am almost half way done though.
Desert-
We just went out to the Desert for the first time this season. It was really hot Saturday but we went to the pool which was lovely. Sterling rode his dirt bike for a couple of hours but on their way back our friend Ryan killed his bike. So the fact Ryan killed his bike and the hot hot weather we decided to call it quits for the day. We hung out at camp, BBQ-ed steaks, and just relaxed for the rest of the day. We woke up Sunday morning and watched a movie and ate breakfast then decided to pack up and head home. All in all it was a great weekend and I am looking forward to cooler weather out there.
So that is what's going on with us. Hope all is well with everyone!!!
2 comments:
fun update. I was wondering how you're feeling/doing with pregnancy. So sorry to hear about your co-worker. I hope that this weekend's services are a suitable tribute. Hope you guys will be around for Thanksgiving and we might even get to stay for church.
Wow what a strong woman to fight cancer. so sad to hear that she didn't make it! I need to see pictures of you and your belly!
Post a Comment