The Mendenhall Clan

The Mendenhall Clan

Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas 2012

What a great holiday we had! Christmas Eve we spent over at Aunt Lyn's house. We ate home tacos and cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy! The kids got to hit the crap out of a Christmas tree piƱata and eat at a little kids table. After we went back to my parents house and Uncle Brad read our families new favorite Christmas book, The Night Santa got Lost and NORAD saved the day. One of my clients gave it to me and it is so cute. When Sterling and I got home we put together Jaxson's new battery operated Quad.

Christmas morning I woke up extra early because I love Christmas morning. Jaxson was still sleeping and so was Sterling. I woke Sterling up around 730am and suggested he get ready now because Jaxson was still asleep, so we thought. This is the funny part. I have a video baby monitor and I was watching it all morning hoping Jaxson would wake up soon. He wasn't moving at all so around 10 min to 8am mentioned to Sterling that he hasn't moved at all, maybe he is dead, totally joking of course. So I tried to manipulate the camera and couldn't. So I turned the monitor off and then back on again and there was Jaxson singing and rolling all over in his crib. So what time did Jaxson wake up on Christmas morning? Your guess is as good as mine. We laughed and felt like horrible parents all at the same time. I guess the monitor froze some time during the night and I had no idea. It has never done that before.

So the 3 of us went down stairs and opened presents. Jaxson received a huge fire truck, a cars race track, a new helmet, new riding gear and a stocking full of socks, underwear and candy. Sterling received gift certificates to his favorite sushi place, hickory farms summer sausage, cheddar cheese and Chapstick. Claire received a new purse and tools from William Sonoma. Then we ate a pancake breakfast. Yum!

Around noon Sterling's family came over and we opened up more presents! Jaxson got a batman cave complete with bad guy, new shoes, a rocket launcher and a new pair of superman pj's complete with cape. Sterling got new ear buds, a case for his ear buds and a gift card to Cafe Rio. Claire got a new wallet to match her new purse and a scarf with skulls on it. Thank you Grumpy and Nonni!!!!! We then ate lunch. Sterling made Mendenhall famous nachos and bean dip. They have to drink fruit punch kool-aid with nachos and bean dip.

In the afternoon we headed over to my parents house. All the adults opened presents while the kids finished their naps. Sterling got a new money clip, gift card to best buy, new eye and ear protection for when he goes to the gun range and cold hard cash! Claire got a crock pot, a gift certificate to get her nails done, a gift card to BJ's, and also cold hard cash. Jaxson got a Lego zoo set and the movie Brave. We had brought over Jaxson's quad and all the boys had a turn riding it.

For Christmas Day dinner we ate steak, lobster tail, baked potatoes and green salad with red velvet cake for dessert!















1 comment:

Dr. LaRisse Skene said...

looks like it was a fun Christmas!!