Don't worry this is going to be short and sweet! Just a play by play and not all the gory details.
The week before I gave birth to Jaxson I was so done being pregnant. So I went walking around the Rancho Santa Margarita Lake twice. One day with my lovely sister Adrienne and one day with my friend Shauna DeHart and her 2 kids. While walking with Shauna she told me that a couple of her girlfriends scrubbed the kitchen
floor to induce labor. So Thursday afternoon I was
on all fours scrubbing away!
Early Saturday (April 11, 2009) morning I woke up around 5:30 and felt some contractions. Since they didn't hurt I fell back asleep. Sterling's alarm went off at 7 am for work and I woke up and started timing the contractions. They were 5 minutes apart but still not really hurting. Sterling decided to go to work just in case the contractions stopped.
By 9 am Sterling was home from work
9:15 am I received a blessing from Sterling with the help of my dad and bro-in-law Brad
9:30 am on the phone with my Doctor and then on our way to the hospital
10 am admitted to a Labor Room the size of a broom closet, I was dilated to a 3
11:45 am My Doctor broke my water
12:15 pm Epidural was administered
1 pm switched to a Labor and Delivery Room
1:15 pm Pitosin started
2 pm dilated to a 5
3 pm Mom, Adrienne, Danielle and Mother-in-law, Connie showed up
Adrienne brought Sterling In-n-Out
4 pm Dilated to a 10
4:45 pm Started pushing
5:10 pm Jaxson Dean Mendenhall arrived!
7 lbs 12 oz
20 inches
All in all I had a great experience. My Labor and Delivery nurse was a family friend and she was AMAZING!!! I did have some uncontrollable shaking during the latter part and it took a little while longer than I expected for my right side to feel the effects of the epidural. My first day recovery nurse was also a family friend and she was totally awesome. Still I feel like I had a text book pregnancy and delivery. I am so lucky and so blessed to have my son here. He is just perfect and I can't stop staring at him all day long. We have had our good nights and our not so good ones but I still can't complain. I am learning slowly but surly how to do this baby thing and loving every minute of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment