The Mendenhall Clan

The Mendenhall Clan

Monday, February 9, 2009

30 WEEKS!!!

Yes I am in the home stretch! We went to the doctor today and she said that I am looking really good. She did an ultrasound also and we now know that he is already facing head down. Crazy HUH?!?!? He looks healthy, my weight is good, his heart beat sounds great, and he waived at us!

This picture below is his profile. It was a hard picture to take because is his position. I am seeing my doctor every two weeks now and she is warning me about what I eat because in the next few weeks is when he is going to gain most of his weight. So she told me to watch my carbs and sugars. Just two of my favorite things to eat!

Baby Center says this about this week...

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

Sterling and I am so thankful for our healthy baby boy. We have had no reason to worry about anything. Everyone asks me how I am doing and I simply say "totally fine." Yeah I have some heart burn and other pregnancy side effects but nothing to complain about. Sleeping is okay. Clothes are not fitting like I would like them to but I only have about 10 weeks to go. Its happening so fast. All my pregnant friends are giving birth in the next few weeks too! We are all going to become mommy's and daddy's, and great ones at that!

10 weeks and counting!

1 comment:

Ryan and Laura said...

Yay Claire! Things do look wonderful. Are you getting excited or nervous? Have you done any new parent kind of classes? I forget if I got to tell you but we're going with a planned C-section after all our debating and our little guy will most likely be joining us on Apr. 17th...so they'll still just be a few days apart! It was so fun to see you pregnant. I hope you are feeling great and taking care of yourself. I also wanted to let you know that I feel you on the watching what you eat thing! What a bust...but it sure does make it easier to lose the baby weight afterwards. Good luck with your last 10 weeks!!!