The Mendenhall Clan

The Mendenhall Clan

Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Quick Update!!


Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce.

So this is what my baby looks like right now! I am officially 13 weeks along and still feeling pretty good! Getting my First Trimester Screen done this week and hopefully will get an educated guess on the gender of the baby. So another post will happen this week I promise! As soon as I find out the sex I will register. So more details to come.

I have reconsidered my being in my friend Jessica's wedding. She is getting married June 19th in St. John in the Carribean and that is 8 weeks or so after I give birth. I am nervous about taking an 8 week old all the way across the country or leaving an 8 week old at home. She understands and I really appreciate her love and understanding. She is still including me in the planning and I am so excited!

Sterling went out to the desert for the first time of the season this weekend. He said the weather was amazing and everything looked great! We made it through another summer. Our next weekend out is Halloween weekend and I am so excited for the dirt, sounds, activities and food! We always eat like royalty out there! We are going to be able to go to the desert all season this year while I am pregnant and then next season be able to bring the little one with us! We planned this pretty well I think!

Work is going well. The economy is not hitting me too hard. I see the effects slightly but people still need their grey covered and hair cut. Sterling will be hopefully getting promoted soon. The dealership needs to hire someone else to take his place so he can move up. The car sales are definatly down but everyone that bought cars in the last few years cant afford to buy new ones so they need to service them to keep them on the road. So service is booming! Sterling always comes home and tells me how many cars he had worked on that day.

1 comment:

Vance & Holly Marler said...

Yay! what an exciting time in your pregnancy! The economic crisis hasn't really hit me yet either. people will ALWAYS need their hair cut, gray covered, or their nails done. What a crazy storm we had the other night with all the snow. we got about 5 inches and it was so fun! now it's gone and the sun is out and it's back to fall! crazy utah weather! miss you guys!