The Mendenhall Clan

The Mendenhall Clan

Monday, September 29, 2008

Almost out of my first Trimester!

Soo I am officially 11 weeks along. The pregnancy thing has been going kinda slow so far. But I can just imagine that after the baby is born I will think how fast it went!

So here is what's going on for week 11...

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

I am going for my first trimester screen in 2 and a half weeks and I am hoping for a guess on the sex! I love getting ultrasounds and seeing the little one. Speaking of gender, we already have 2 names picked out. For a boy we like Jaxson Dean. For a girl we like Caymen. Christmas is just around the corner and this year should be a blast. I am hoping that I am really busy at work and time just flies by.

1 comment:

E.F.G. said...

love the name choices! jaxson is so dang cute.

remember calling "shotgun" when we were little to secure the front seat? i'm pretty sure blogging baby name choices is like "shotgunning", no one can take caymen or jaxson now!