The Mendenhall Clan

The Mendenhall Clan

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Dear Things in Life to Look Forward To,

Dear Cooler Weather,

Yeah I hate this heat. Sleeping on top of the covers every night. Making sure the fan is turned on to have some relief. When are the 68 degree days and 50's at night gonna be here? When will I be able to layer my cute outfit again? I know its only August but man am I looking forward to October!

Dear Owning our own Place,

Yeah that day will come eventually. Not that my parents want us to leave nor do we want to leave, but it will just be nice to officially be home owners. Having our own place is defiantly something Sterling and I are looking forward to.

Dear Not Having to Work for My New Boss,

Don't worry I am not leaving Christopher Perry Salon or Taylor Hill Salon or whatever its gonna be called. I just can't freaking wait to not have to work as much in general. The new owner of the salon is fat, annoying, she doesn't use discretion when dealing with a situation, name drops, and doesn't deposit our checks in a timely manor.
Bottom line she just isn't Christopher and I want him back. NOW! Hopefully our family will come sooner then later and I will be working very part time and just simply not have to deal with it/her.

Dear 5 year Anniversary,

I am really looking forward to Saturday August 9. Sterling and I will be married 5 years. October 29 we will be together 7 years and known each other 13 years.
Not that we are doing anything spectacular that day or anything I am just simple looking forward to going to In-n-Out for dinner and then off to the movies. What movie you ask? We haven't gotten that far yet.
We have decided that we are not going to celebrate big because we have more important things right now to focus on. Like having a family and buying a house. We will have many more anniversaries to go big or go home with! (I personally wanted to go to Hawaii!)

That's all for now!

p.s. Noelle how did I do? Mrs Dear Life!

3 comments:

Ryan and Laura said...

Claire, I read both blogs and I'd have to say it was pretty good ;) I hope you get to start your family and get a house too. Both experiences are AMAZING (read, overwhelming) but totally worth it. We are just settling into our new house and, although there are a ton of unexpected costs, it is nice to be "home". Hope you two are doing great- and if Cali is too expensive come to Vegas and we'll play :)

noelle regina said...

you ROCKED IT!
are you kidding me that it's been five years?

noelle regina said...

and how the hell do you know Eric and Tamara Battles? SMALL SMALL WORLD.