The Mendenhall Clan

The Mendenhall Clan

Monday, February 27, 2012

Jaxson is Potty training

This has been a process and I want to document it.
2 weeks ago while Jaxson was napping I decided that I was going to start potty training when he woke up. Yep that's right totally on a whim. I read a couple of articles on the web before he woke up and as soon as he was awake he was naked from the waist down for the next almost week. Whenever we were at home he had no pants or underwear on. He did awesome! Shocking his parents. Even on the first day we went out to a store and he went pee pee on a public toilet twice. He had a couple of accidents but you could probably blame Sterling and I on those for not reminding him that it is time to go potty. Last Friday he went poop on the potty and was scared to do so. He asked me for a diaper and I said no. He sat on the potty for a few minutes and then dropped the kids at the pool like a champ! I was so proud! We were rewarding him with stickers at first and then he got over that.
Today he is not wearing a diaper for naps but still wearing one for bed time. I know that the process isn't done yet but he is doing so well. I don't know why I was dreading potty training so much. I am hoping by the time he is 3 or soon there after he will have master the potty! Go Jaxson Go!

1 comment:

Brad and Danielle said...

Woohoo! Go Jaxson! I am looking forward to this day, but I don't think Connor is quite ready yet. Soon tho, I think. Good job Jaxson!