The Mendenhall Clan

The Mendenhall Clan

Monday, August 2, 2010

Lake Tahoe

We were in Lake Tahoe from Sunday July 11th to 14th. For Christmas Sterling's Grandma Jane rented a cabin in South Lake Tahoe for the whole family. Brian is the oldest of 5 boys and all 5 boys showed up at the cabin. Grandma Jane dressed up as a Christmas Elf and danced around singing Merry Christmas to everyone! Thanks Gma Jane!




Sunday - The Drive to Lake Tahoe

It is an 8 hour drive straight through. It took us 9 hours. Jaxson did really really good! He slept a little but didn't whine too much. We stopped every 2 or 3 hours to eat or to get gas. We tried to find places to let Jaxson run around to let his ~~WIGGLES~~ out! We arrived at the cabin about 4pm. This is what we pulled up to....


A beautiful 3 story condo with a spa on the 2nd level balcony.



We (we includes me, sterling, my in-laws, marshall and jordan) all slept on the 3rd story in the master LOFT.

There were 27 people sleeping in a cabin that slept 20 people max.



Jaxson slept in the walk in closet. It was fine except it wasn't enclosed.

(in the picture on the right you can see the wall on the right does not go all the way to the top)

I had to be the one to shhh everyone after Jaxson went to sleep at night. Everyone was really understanding and tried their hardest to remember that we was sleeping.



Dinner included Ham from Costco, Mashed potatoes, rolls and salad. YUMMY!!!



Monday - Boat trip

Brian rented a pontoon boat for everyone. We could only let 12 people at a time on the boat. He had rented it for 4 hours so we slpit it up into 2, 2 hour tours! Sterling and I were able to join the first group and it was sooooo much fun! (Nonni, Sterling's mom, volunteered to watch Jaxson while we went on the boat! Thank you Nonni!) Sterling's dad, Marshall, Jordan, Cousins Drake, Dakota, Skylar, Isaac, Uncle Chris, Uncle Clay and Uncle Nolan all went on the first trip. People were doing back flips off the second story, going down the slide face first and doing things that didn't leave the boat!! We had such a great time on that boat!

(I don't have any pics because Uncle Nolan took the pics and I am waiting for his e-mail with them!)



Jaxson napped while we were gone. After the first boat full came back to the beach I headed straight back to the cabin. Sterling stayed and drove the second boat full. I took Jaxson down to the private beach that is right down the street front he cabin. He liked it but the water was pretty cold. So we played in the sand for a while then headed back.




Dinner was tri-tip on the BBQ, spaghetti with pesto sauce, rolls and fruit! So yum! Oh and Apple Pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert!

Tuesday- Spa Time

Sterling and Brian brought their guns with them because Sterling found an outdoor shooting range in Carson City, Nevada. It was about a 30 minute drive from the cabin. Brian, Uncle Chris, Eric, Nolan, Cousin Mikah, Isaac, Drake, Sydney, Erica, Marshall, Jordan and Skylar all went shooting. According to a few of them shooting was the highlight to their whole trip! Sterling taught the cousins who had never shot a gun before all the parts to the gun and a few safety rules before they shot. He is such a great teacher.



While most of the family was gone I got Jaxson to take a nap. When he woke up I put his swim trunks on him, turned down the spa temp to 99 degrees and let him loose. HE LOVED IT!!! It was like a big bath tub. Cousin Ben, who is 5, got in with us and Jaxson just wanted to follow him around the whole time. He didn't want me to hold him at all.



Sterling called be on the way back and let me know to meet him, his brothers and his dad at Chevy's! Our favorite restaurant. Uncle Clay and his family met us there too! Lunch was delish! Oh yea and Cousin Isaac came too!



Dinner was BBQ chicken, strawberry spinach salad, watermelon and for dessert I made homemade Hot Fudge Sauce and we had hot fudge Sundays with whip cream, nuts and cherries! MMM MMM GOOD!!!



Wednesday – The Drive Home



Again Jaxson did better that I thought. Towards the end I ended up taking him out of his car seat for about 10 minutes and then he passed out for a nap. It took us 9 and a half hours to get home because we hit LA traffic.



All in all the trip was really fun! I learned how to play Shanghai Rummy, which I liked to play with the cousins versus the adults. The cousins played a little looser then the adults. We ate lots of great food! The boat ride was so unbelievable. I had so much fun getting to know the Mendenhall side of the family and I hope they enjoyed us.

No comments: