Friday July 2nd - Sterling drove Jaxson and I to the Long Beach Airport and we arrive in Utah.
The thing Jaxson is pushing is a car seat with wheels then fold up into the base. I was given it and it worked ok.
Ever wanted to know what animals see everyday all day?
After the zoo we headed over to my cousin, LaRisse's, in laws house for lunch. Lunch consisted of turkey sandwiches, potato salad, strawberry spinach salad and chips.
I attempted to put Jaxson down for a nap but he decided to poop and did not take a nap. We left soon after lunch so I could attempt to put him down at home. Dean and Jackie's house was great for nap time. Jaxson's room was in the basement in a room with no windows!
After successful nap we headed over to Sugrhouse where my cousin Noelle lives. She and her sister Erica put together a wonderful BBQ which included hot dogs, hamburgers, salad, chips and grilled vegi's YUM! I brought over pretzel m&m's which were a big hit!! I was going to take Jaxson back to Sandy and put him to bed then head back to watch fireworks with everyone but fireworks in Utah don't start till 10pm. I was in bed by then. I had a toddler that I was chasing around and needed my sleep.
We drove straight from Sundance to my Aunt Chris' house in American Fork. I again tried to put Jaxson down for a nap and failed. I left him alone for more then 30 min and to no avail. Went down to check on him and he had pooped. So I changed him and tried again. Success!! Finally. He took a 2.5 hour nap! While he was sleepin I took a snooze also!
Dinner was amazing! My Aunt Chris is a fabulous cook! We always request for her to make Rhodes rolls. If you have ever tried to make these they take an experienced person to do them right! Oh Boy does she know how to make Rhodes rolls. We also had chicken in the dutch oven, potatoes in the dutch oven, salad and corn on the cob. For dessert she made Mint Brownies!! YUMMY!!!!!
Jaxson passed out 5 minutes before arriving at Aunt Chris'
Sterling was sad to see us go. Jaxson was sooo wiggly on the airplane. I was moved to the fist row of the airplane which was sooo helpful. Jaxson had more room to move around and the lady next to me was very understanding. She was so cool, she put a barf bag on her hand and made a puppet for Jaxson. He loved and he wanted me to put the bags on his hands. We survived that plane trip but barely. Not only was Jaxson very wiggly but the landing was the bumpiest I have felt in a long time. For a few minutes there I thought I was going to need those barf bags. We landed around 1pm.
My parents had driven up to Idaho earlier in the week and then met us in Utah. They had taken my luggage with them so I didn't have to pay for checked bags. And as all of you moms know you have to bring a crap load of stuff when traveling with a baby/toddler. My parents picked us up from the airport and we drive straight to Sterling's Grandparents house in Sandy. They were so nice to host us for the4 and a half days we were there. Jaxson's favorite thing to do was to push all the buttons on the TV and entertainment center. He also loved to pull all the DVD's off the shelves. Sorry Dean and Jackie!!
By 4pm my cousins, sisters and I met up at Fashion Place mall to get mani's and pedi's. (Great idea Dez!) I had not eaten lunch since I didn't feel good from the flight. I inhaled a slice of pizza from the food court right before our appointment. After my toes were done I headed out to find a grocery store near Dean and Jackie's house to stock up on food for Jaxson. I used my GPS to locate one and when I pulled up the building was empty. I was soo pissed. I finally found one and got what I needed and headed back to get Jaxson and head to dinner. I left him at home for pedi's and he took a nap! Thank goodness!
Noelle picked out a Thai place and I found out that I am not a Thai food fan but I am glad I tried it. Jaxson was not behaving at all at dinner. I took him out twice for walks and Uncle Jono took him out once. (Thanks Uncle Jono!) I had made a photo book of pictures of us cousins at our various get togethers over the years. I handed one out to each one of my cousins after dinner! I hope that there are many more get togethers to come so I can make another one!!
By the way on Friday it was 99 degrees. I was so not okay with that. I knew that it would be hot but come on Utah!
Saturday July 3rd - Hogle Zoo, Lunch and BBQ in Sugarhouse
We met up at 930am at Hogle Zoo. It's a little zoo but a nice one especially for a toddler with a little attention span. Jaxson knew that there were animals there and pointed at all of them!
Ever wanted to know what animals see everyday all day?
After the zoo we headed over to my cousin, LaRisse's, in laws house for lunch. Lunch consisted of turkey sandwiches, potato salad, strawberry spinach salad and chips.
I attempted to put Jaxson down for a nap but he decided to poop and did not take a nap. We left soon after lunch so I could attempt to put him down at home. Dean and Jackie's house was great for nap time. Jaxson's room was in the basement in a room with no windows!
After successful nap we headed over to Sugrhouse where my cousin Noelle lives. She and her sister Erica put together a wonderful BBQ which included hot dogs, hamburgers, salad, chips and grilled vegi's YUM! I brought over pretzel m&m's which were a big hit!! I was going to take Jaxson back to Sandy and put him to bed then head back to watch fireworks with everyone but fireworks in Utah don't start till 10pm. I was in bed by then. I had a toddler that I was chasing around and needed my sleep.
OOOHHHHH!!
Jaxson in baby Stella's bouncer chair!!!
Sunday July 4th - Brunch in Sundance and Dinner with Aunt Chris
We woke up way to early and my parents picked Jaxson and I up to head to Sundance to eat Brunch at the Foundry Grill. (It's kind of a family tradition to eat brunch when ever we travel to Utah. We used to go to the Little America for brunch but they don't offer brunch anymore.) Jaxson didn't want to be sitting in a high chair during the brunch so there went another meal walking with Jaxson outside. It was really beautiful though!!
We drove straight from Sundance to my Aunt Chris' house in American Fork. I again tried to put Jaxson down for a nap and failed. I left him alone for more then 30 min and to no avail. Went down to check on him and he had pooped. So I changed him and tried again. Success!! Finally. He took a 2.5 hour nap! While he was sleepin I took a snooze also!
Dinner was amazing! My Aunt Chris is a fabulous cook! We always request for her to make Rhodes rolls. If you have ever tried to make these they take an experienced person to do them right! Oh Boy does she know how to make Rhodes rolls. We also had chicken in the dutch oven, potatoes in the dutch oven, salad and corn on the cob. For dessert she made Mint Brownies!! YUMMY!!!!!
Jaxson passed out 5 minutes before arriving at Aunt Chris'
We watched my cousin, Niki's, black lab puppy, Ranger, run all over the yard, eat hair, tackle Jaxson and steal food from where ever he could find it! Jaxson would be walking through the grass carrying his silky and Ranger would chase after him and knock him over. Jaxson would we cry and we would all laugh! I cut 3 inches of my Aunt Chris' hair and 6 inches off my cousin, Niki's hair. I loved it!!!
Jaxson's 4th of July PJ's!!! So Cute!!!
Monday July 5th - Workout with Simon and BBQ at Uncle Ross'
Simon is an amazing personal trainer! He worked out 5 of us in one work out in less then an hour! It was so fun! With Sterling and I working out pretty regularly lately I think it helped me! He had us run up and down a near by hill, do jumping jacks, push ups, weighted shoulder presses, a gnarly ab workout and inch worms. It was well worth the $10 a person! Thanks Simon for kicking our butts! My cousin, Erica, made her own rule in the middle of the work out by announcing "anyone who has carried a baby only has to run up the hill half way!" Boy did I like that rule!
I headed home after the workout and played with Jaxson a little then put him down for his nap. I took a shower and just hung out while he was sleeping. My parents picked us up and we headed about 10 minutes away to my Uncle Ross' house. He made us Swiss Mushroom Burgers, hot dogs, fruit salad, regular salad and of course potato chips! My Uncle Doyle made 6 home made pies! Lemon, Chocolate and Cherry. So freakin' delish!!!
After dinner my dad drove me and Jaxson home so I could get him to bed. I then headed back over to hang out for an hour. While I was gone my Aunt Allene had handed out hand made beaded heart necklaces. They are beautiful! Mine is while and sparkly on a silver chain. Thank you Aunt Allene!!
Tuesday July 6th - Breakfast with sisters and LaRisse, Dinner with Mendenhall's and flying back to California
Some cousins had to go back to work or go to the airport or already left to go camping so only Adrienne, Jono, Danielle, LaRisse and I were able to meet up at Mimi's Cafe for breakfast for the last cousin activity of the weekend. We sat and played 20 questions with LaRisse about her job, practice and annoying co-workers.
I headed home after stuffing myself and after I got home Jaxson ended taking a 3 hour nap! Yipee!! Jackie and I talk for the whole 3 hours! She is so easy to talk to and very interesting too!! At about 4pm we headed to the same place we always go with the Mendenhall's, Wingers. It's a good restaurant. We just love to get together and catch up! Jackie, Jaxson and I then headed to the airport. We got there a little early but the SLC airport has a play area for kids! Jaxson was just as wiggly on this flight and a little more cranky because it was passed his bed time. I was hoping he would fall asleep but I was soooo wrong. He did pass out on the ride home though. I was soo glad the flight was over and I didn't have to strong arm him to stay in my lap anymore.
The whole reason for this Cousin Reunion was because usually about every year we all have a reason to see each other. Either some one is getting married or when we were younger our parents planned family vacations with the rest of the family. At the last wedding we were at we all decided we needed a reason to see each other this summer. So we planned a Cousin Reunion! On my mom's side there are 10 grand kids total and 9 of us are girls and we are all with in 10 years in age of each other. We have always been close and plan to stay that way in the future.
As you can tell we ATE a lot and we ATE a lot of really good food!!! It was so nice catching up with my cousins, meeting Stella, working out with Simon and simply running all over the Salt Lake Valley. I can not wait for the next reunion! Thank you to all for everything!!!




1 comment:
Well documented! Seeing all these pictures reminds me how much fun I had, how cute Jaxson and Connor are, and how well we ate! Maybe we should all just live closer.
xoxo
Post a Comment