All of Jaxson's life he has loved to sleep. Getting him to go to sleep has been my only complaint with parenthood. Once he is asleep he can sleep for 3 hours at a time for a nap. At night he is amazing. Usually bed time is 8pm. He will sleep until 7am or 8am with one feeding around 3am or 4am.
Adrienne, my lil sis who watches him while I am at work, and I have these tricks that we have to try. We have to either rock, bounce, sing, shhh, pat on the back, or swaddle him. And we have to do them in the right order and length of time for them to work. Every time he goes down different things will work and others won't. We wait to see his tired signs. He rubs his ear and he rubs his face on the blanket he is laying on or your shirt or just simply starts to get fussy. So we know he is tired when we start trying to put him down. He usually will only be awake for an hour or 2 before he starts to show signs of being tired.
I didn't think that the ordeal was that big of a deal, whatever it takes to get him to sleep we did. Until I had to take him over to my friends house yesterday to have her watch him while I was at work. Adrienne threw out her back and she couldn't watch him. Shauna, my friend, said that she has never had to work this hard to get a baby to sleep. (She has 2 kids of her own and is great with babies. She will occasionally take Jaxson during an hour of church, she actually begs me to take him sometimes.) She asked me how I get Jaxson to go to sleep and did he have a magic button I push to get him to sleep. She tried everything that I usually do and he would fall asleep in her arms and then as soon as she would put him down he would wake right up. I told her that he does that to me sometimes too.
So hopefully it will get easier as he gets older. I can't wait for the day that I can just put him in his bed and he just goes to sleep.
1 comment:
It's like you have to open his "sleep safe" but the combination changes everyday, even every hour! You try this combination - rock, shush, pat, and down - nope that didn't work. How about sing, bounce, cover him with a blanket and down - nope not that one either. Sometimes you get lucky and nail it in the first try and he's down in 5-10 minutes. Others, the combination will elude you for hours, and it takes 2 hours to get him to sleep. But man, once you figure the right combination and unlock that "sleep safe" he snoozes away for 3 hours... and that is what we call heaven. :)
Post a Comment